Based in America’s heartland in Springfield, Missouri Our philosophy at American Fleet Inc. is to give you a top quality product to insure you years of uninterrupted service, even if this means a lower margin of profit per engine for our company.
We at American Fleet Inc. believe that our remanufacturing process, controls and procedures are proven to be the best among the 2 and 4 cycle Detroit diesel engine remanufactures.
Our quality control process procedures are all agreed upon by our team of four lead technicians that have an average of 35 years of experience in the remanufacturing engine process, with the reputation of being the best in the industry.
- Engines are built to the latest Detroit Diesel specifications.
- All engines are cleaned to like new conditions.
- All gasket surfaces of parts are air boarded and checked with straight edge for accuracy, to Prevent oil leaks.
- All bolt holes are tapped or repaired to prefect conditions.
- Torquing of all bolts -All bolts are torqued by a set of approximately 12 torque wrenches, which are all pre set for each bolt. All torque wrenches are tested weekly.
Cleaned, magnafluxed by 2 technicians for cracks. Cylinder bores, counter bores, and line bores are all machined to exact Detroit Diesel specifications.
Cleaned, magnafluxed by 2 technicians for cracks. Heads are surfaced, injector coppers, valve guides and valve springs are replaced. Valves and valve seats are all machined to Detroit Diesel specifications. All valves are hand lapped and vacuum tested for leaks.
Cleaned, magnafluxed, checked for straightness and polished to proper finish.
All Components are remanufactured to exact Detroit Diesel specifications including:
- Cam rollers
- Water pumps
- Connecting Rods
- Rocker arms
- Oil Pumps
- Fuel Pumps